Sometimes working with sql server you may receive the following error
A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 – No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233)
1. Start > Programs > Microsoft Sql Server > Configuration Tools
2. Sql Server Surface Area Configuration -> Surface Area configuration for services and connections
3. On the left pane click on Remote Connections and Select Local and Remote connections radio button.
5. Using both TCP/IP and named pipes radio button.
6. click on apply and ok.
If you are using Sqlexpress following error may come
Cannot connect to SQLEXPRESS.
Login failed for user ‘username’. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)
To fix this error follow steps mentioned below
1. connect to sql server using window authentication.
2. Now right click on your server name at the top in left pane and select properties.
3. Click on security and select sql server and windows authentication mode radio button.
3. Click on OK.
4. restart sql server servive by right clicking on server name and select restart.